Keanu Says that Matrix 4 is On Its Way!
It looks as though the Wachowski’s are going to get the chance they need to offer up a new batch of Matrix follow-ups over the next few years. After the critical failures of the last two entries in the franchise, and a whole new way of looking at the relationship between people and technology in the wake of social networks and Web 2.0, it seems as though now could be the perfect time to reassert the Matrix Franchise’s relevance back into the world. Apparently, Keanu Reeves started talking about starring in a fourth and fifth Matrix film in the midst of a Q&A over in London.
The strangest thing about this story is that it comes from Keanu Reeves just blabbing about the plans of the Wachowskis as though it was all public knowledge that there would be a fourth and fifth Matrix movie, and that they were looking to do a future Robin Hood adaptation with Will Smith. The siblings, who are notoriously private with both their professional lives and their personal lives, for instance, nobody seems sure whether or not Larry Wachowski is undergoing gender reassignment surgery, or if its just a rumor perpetuated by the brothers who like to see how much the press is willing to stretch the smallest morsel of information. To imagine that they would have okayed Keanu just opening up in front of a large audience seems extremely unlikely.
It is still unknown to what degree these films will directly follow on the previous entries in the franchise, or whether these films would be considered to be a wholly new series, albeit still with the savior position filled by Reeves’ Neo. It will probably be a good long while before we hear more about this project unless a studio makes a confirmation in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise, we have to wait and see what happens to the film on the Wachowski’s plate before the Matrix, Cloud Atlas. So expect this news to stagnate for a year or so before getting any further confirmation.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT