Clint Eastwood to Direct Musical Starring Beyoncé Knowles
The classic 1937 film, A Star Is Born is about to be remade for the third time, putting actress Beyoncé Knowles into the career defining role once held by both Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand. Only there’s a twist to the classic formula, this time, we’re getting it as a musical. Furthermore, it’s going to be directed by one of the least likely people you’d ever expect to hear was directing a big-budget Hollywood musical, Actor-Director Clint Eastwood.
The film shares the producers behind the disastrous Streisand remake from the 70s, and the story that has been told and retold across virtually every era of Hollywood. The story is a fairly simple one, yet one rife for drama. A young actress comes to Hollywood to make it big, falling in love with a big-time actor, and as she ascends in the public spotlight, the actor falls into obscurity. It explores the price of fame on relationships, and the elaborate mystique of the Hollywood lifestyle. Truly a story that could be told in any era.
The male lead has yet to be cast, but with a film with the profile like this one, it seems likely that the studio will be headhunting the biggest names in Hollywood. Will Smith’s name has apparently been floated within the studio when they were toying around with the idea of launching a Beyoncé-led remake a few years back. With the prestige of Eastwood, however, it doesn’t seem unlikely that they might go for someone more attractive to the voters behind the Academy Awards.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage