Trend Alert: Chris Brown’s Neck Brace Couture
OK so I get it, Chris Brown has the Video of the Year, won the Viewers Choice Award, and is is the Best Male R&B Artist, as dubbed by the BET Awards show. I’m glad that the judges can overlook his abusive past and homophobia to see through to the heart of his lyrical genius and sick beats, but I still don’t think this gives him the right to wear a skull bedazzled bandana.
Said bandana, pictured at left, could be fine I suppose, if worn like the innumerable others Brown has worn, but this was not the case Sunday night. Brown decided to show off his ill half-skull by pulling it up his chin to just below his mouth—looking like a car crash victim wrapped up in a neck brace.
While I understand that I am just a lowly writer who probably cannot comprehend the trend Brown is setting, I’m simply incapable of understanding any hype surrounding neck brace couture. Maybe he’s following the example set by former Baywatch star Brooke Burns after diving into a 2ft pool a few years back. Enough time has gone by that most people won’t remember—so I’ve provided a photo.
And then of course, there’s Lady Gaga’s response to sturdy neckwear from the 2009 VMAs. Oh Chris Brown, if it’s a trend you’re trying to set, it’s never a good idea to go up against Gaga. I guess that Snooki didn’t get the memo.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook