Why is The Huffington Post Publishing Nonsensical Pseudoscience Babble?
Do you feel your “evolving godhead arising”? If so, it may be a good idea to head over to The Huffington Post and get diagnosed by “Doctor” Barbara Hubbard – a renowned expert in the areas of universal consciousness and evolution.
Actually, I’m not completely certain that Hubbard is an expert in evolution; but, I am impressed with the fact that she used the word “evolution” (and derivatives like evolving, evolved, etc…) more than sixty-five times in her recent post on HuffPo’s Religion and Science section. In addition to the word ‘evolution’ her piece, titled Conscious Evolution and the Integration of Science and Spirituality, also makes mention of atomic bombs, extinction, biotechnology, nanotechnology, robotics, space travel, zero-point energy devices, cosmogenesis, punctuated equilibrium, chaos and even a “scientifically-based evolutionary universe story” – wow, with technical sounding words like those she must know what she’s talking about!
The term ‘pseudoscience’ refers to statements, beliefs or practices that are presented as being based in science when in reality they are not. Plainly stated, the word pseudoscience means ‘fake science.’ Magic healing crystals, spirit channeling, and homeopathy are all types of pseudoscience – they are all fake science. Just like Hubbard’s ramblings, they have no grounding in the scientific method and all lack a plausible mechanism of functionality.
So, why does Dr. Barbara urge us to follow the path of “great avatars, saints, and mystics”? Why does she want us to join the “Consciousness Force” and align ourselves to “the Field”? I would venture to guess that it’s for the same reason Deepak Chopra falsely claims to know how to harness the power of quantum physics: it helps sell books and DVDs.
Or, maybe she’s just a wackaloon… But what’s The Huffington Post’s excuse for Hubbard’s nonsensical pseudoscience babble?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Surgeon General Pleads For Americans to Chew Their Food 3 or 4 Times At the Very Least