Marco Rubio: The Creationist in the Closet
Although it is often considered politically incorrect to ‘out’ someone without his or her permission, in Rubio’s case, I doubt that revealing his irrational beliefs will be much of a shock to anyone. In fact – now that I think about it – referring to Rubio as a creationist probably only serves to reinforce the devotion of his flock. After all, religious fundamentalism has been his political calling card throughout his career.
Prior to 2008, the word ‘evolution’ wasn’t even included in Florida’s science education standards. In 2007, when a much needed revision of the State’s education standards began to lift the veil from the eyes of Florida’s students, Rubio, then Speaker of the House, pleaded for intelligent design to be included in the science curriculum.
Cuban-American Rubio also compared the teaching of evolution to the tactics Fidel Castro’s Communist Party used to undermine families and the church – a means of controlling the masses.
In one interview, Rubio questioned “whether what a parent teaches their children at home should be mocked and derided and undone at the public school level.
“It goes to the fundamental core of who is ultimately, primarily responsible for the upbringing of children,” Rubio continued. ”Is it your public education system or is it your parents? And for me, personally, I don’t want a school system that teaches kids that what they’re learning at home is wrong.”
Indeed, Mr. Rubio, the purpose of education should be to reinforce previously held beliefs!
If we need any more evidence that the Republican Party is now controlled by anti-science radicals, Marco Rubio is it.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT