The ‘Downton Abbey’ Rap Song You’ve Been Wishing For
Downton Abbey, the deliciously addictive soap opera (will Matthew and Mary ever find happiness!?) disguised as a prim and proper British historical drama, has spurred a lot of fan response. There’s the “Sh!t The Dowager Countess Says” video, the “Downton Abbeyonce” tumblr, and now “Downton”, a rap tribute to the series created by genre-blending master Adam WarRock.
WarRock knows what it’s like to become obsessed with Downton: “And then you’re calling your friend and saying things like “I’m at the part where Matthew Crawley is investigating the entail for Lord Grantham, and the Dowager Countess finds out about it,” and you realize you’re whispering because honestly, what the HELL are you even saying?”
I don’t think the Dowager Countess would appreciate your tone, Adam. But I’m sure she would dig your sweet beats.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook