Gothic Classic “Rebecca” Gets a Reboot
DreamWorks and Working Title Films team up with writer Steven Knight to give the 1938 classic a new spin. Details have yet to be released, but we’re content to re-watch the Hitchcock classic until then.
Remember that naked fight scene in Eastern Promises where Viggo gouges out some Russian mobster’s eye? Like the idea behind it, but mob movies aren’t really your thing? Eastern Promises writer Steven Knight is ready to take on a new challenge and adapt Daphne du Maurier’s beloved 1938 gothic novel for the silver screen in its newest film incarnation. Rebecca is the story of an unnamed young woman’s quest to find out the true identity of her husband’s late ex-wife (the titular character) in the midst of growing tension and constant disapproval from housekeeper Mrs. Danvers.
Whether you read the novel in your high school English Lit class or Netflixed a copy of the 1940 Hitchcock version one lonely night, you won’t want to miss the latest characterization of Max de Winter. After all, if Michael Fassbender can play the “ugly” Rochester, we have a feeling that romantics everywhere may have a new trouser-wearing poster boy.
DreamWorks and Working Title Films are producing Rebecca, but all other details are yet to be announced. Until then, we’ll be dreaming of Manderlay.
FOR MORE FASTER ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook