M.I.A. Flips Off America During Halftime Show
I was just worried Madonna was going to come out and sing a song. Thank God that didn’t happen.
In regards to the Superbowl, Americans look forward to three things every year: 1) the game itself 2) the commercials and 3) bitching about how terrible the halftime show was/is/will be. For example, last year’s involved the Black Eyed Peas doing a lot of walking around the stage with light-up people dancing in the dark. This year, NBC blessed us with Madonna, which would be a really big deal if the year was 1987.
To balance out Madonna’s current musical irrelevance—which even she must have subconsciously acknowledged since she only performed songs that were popular 30 years ago, NBC threw in a few cameos of musical performers alongside her including LMFAO, Cee Lo Green, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.
If you’re one of the many Americans who opted to watch the Puppybowl instead of the halftime show, you missed a mildly shocking maneuver pulled by M.I.A. this year, who decided to stick her abnormally long and bony middle finger up in the air when a camera was directly on her. Of course, it slipped right past NBC censorship and caused lukewarm disapproval to ripple through the country. NBC and the NFL quickly rushed to issue apologies after it aired, and M.I.A.’s camp said she didn’t mean to offend anyone, it was just a gesture made out of an “adrenaline rush.” She’s apparently incredibly sorry.
There’s speculation that M.I.A.’s “adrenaline rush” is really more of a ploy for her to gain a little media publicity considering she hasn’t done much since “Paper Planes.” Presumably, though, like her malfunctioning predecessor Janet Jackson, M.I.A. will not be invited to perform again any time soon.
More From Samantha Galasso
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook