Two-Faced Cat Makes 2012 Guinness Book of World Records
According to Gawker, ”Frankie and Louie,” a 12-year-old cat with two names to match its two faces, has set the World Record for the longest-living Janus cat (named after the Roman god of transitions, who also had two faces). Most cats with this condition, known as “craniofacial duplication,” die within hours of birth.
Frankie and Louie, sometimes “Frankenlouie,” has all the normal facial components, times two: two mouths, two noses, two functioning eyes, and one non-functioning eye where the faces merge. The cat has one brain so its faces function in unison. The cat eats on the right side, using Frank’s face, which is connected to his esophagus, while Louie’s nose twitches at the same time, his owner said.
Its unconventional looks earned it an appearance on a recent episode of Animal Planet’s Weird, True and Freaky, as well. Who knew being two-faced and catty could get you on TV and in the Guinness Book of World Records?
More From the Faster Entertainment News:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT