Rihanna Names The Girls Who Run The World
In reference to Beyonce’s statement that there is, “room on this earth for many queens” in a recent Complex magazine interview, Rihanna egotistically corrects Honey-B, naming the small number of pop queens that are truly running the world.
“There’s a pack,” she says. “It’s me, Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyoncé…who else? Ke$ha for sure.”
Who did she leave out? Britney Spears, for one. Leaving out the most legendary pop princess of the group will probably result in a correction by Rihanna, although I doubt that her statement intentionally left out her former co-worker. (Rihanna and Spears recently worked together on an S&M remix.)
Who did she intentionally leave out? Christina Aguilera. Although a couple of years ago Aguilera would have been a part of this group, Bionic was a disaster, and doing The Voice isn’t exactly A-List.
“Women are definitely dominating music right now, and that’s because we are competitive beings. I feel like music hasn’t been this exciting in a while,” she says. It seems as though Rihanna isn’t just in competition with B’s statement (and her music), but also in another industry–the film industry. Rihanna will soon be seen breaking into the film world with her starring role in the new ‘Battleship’ action flick.
If asked who runs the film world, Rihanna would probably name herself as well.
image via iblog126.com
More from Alex Hughes:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook