VH1′s New Reality Show: (Not Really) ‘Famous Food’
When I heard rumblings about VH1’s new show ‘Famous Food’, I assumed that it was a new show wherein reality stars were sent to restaurants to destroy them. I was partially correct.
Ever since Danielle Staub was axed from ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’, there has been a serious lack of psychotic breakdowns and table flipping on TV, and VH1 has responded with ‘Famous Food’.
Premiering this Sunday on VH1, the show follows a group of D-List celebrities such as Ashley Dupre, Heidi Montag, Danielle Staub as they attempt to open a restaurant while competing to become the restaurant’s new celebrity partner. The seven celebrities, also including Vicent Pastore, Jake Pavelca of ‘The Bachelor’, and Three 6 Mafia, are given 28 days and $150,000 to open to the hottest new spot in L.A. But don’t worry, since Danielle is Italian and “a foodie,” everything will go as planned.
There’s a link to the extended trailer below, and you can see Heidi Montag destroy a bar and Ashley Dupre talk about being an escort. And there’s painting! Cooking! They fail a fire inspection! There are no working refrigerators! There are no tables or chairs! They have to choose a uniform and Ashley Dupre happily models a tiny flannel shirt and denim booty-cutters.
Heidi is scared because she’s “left [her] life” to open this restaurant, only to be greeted with chair throwing, table flipping, and a crowbar fight. If only she could go back to staring blankly across a table at Lauren Conrad on ‘The Hills’.
View the extended trailer here.
More from Alex Hughes:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 8 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu