Kate Middleton’s Royal Wedding Dress Designer Revealed
Yvonne Yorke at the Huffington Post has been covering the royal wedding for months, and she’s just released insider information regarding the most talked about aspect of the event – who will design Kate’s wedding dress. Yorke reveals that Sophie Cranston of the Libélula label has won the commission to craft the soon-to-be-princess’ gown. While the Crown hasn’t confirmed this, it seems to be a more credible rumor than previous ones. Yorke explains, “through my insider sources, I heard who was designing Catherine’s wedding dress four months ago but kept it a secret in accordance with palace wishes”.
So do we believe it? My guess is Cranston is indeed the designer behind Kate’s much-anticipated look. With just two weeks until the royal wedding, the designer is surely to be revealed soon, and Yorke’s article is timely. Yet, after the months of speculation this seems like an anti-climactic announcement. While Cranston is popular with other fashion forward Brits, including Emma Watson and Jerry Hall, most of us have never even heard of her. Kate did wear a coat Cranston designed (pictured) to a friend’s January wedding, so she has at least worn Libélula before, which may give this rumor more weight.
Little known designer or not, the excitement of Kate’s big reveal on Friday, April 29th cannot be diminished. In fact, I’m even more curious to see what Cranston comes up with because I’ve seen so little of her work. If you want an idea of Cranston’s bridal style, her lookbook includes a small collection of wedding gowns. If it’s any indication of what Kate may wear, we can expect a feminine, form fitting, and romantic dress.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook