“Glee” to Cover “Friday,” Jump Big Gay Shark
Fox sitcom/hour-long Kidz Bop infomercial “Glee” has announced that the next song it will be slathering with Auto-Tune and glitter tank tops is “Friday,” the already glitter-slathered, Auto-Tuned Rebecca Black YouTube monster.
In what I suppose qualifies as a “twist,” the vocals will be delivered by three men: Kevin McHale (really?), Chord (really?) Overstreet, and Mark Salling. That three men are singing the hit isn’t much of a stretch: I presume that two of them will be sitting in the front seat, while the other will be drivin’, cruisin’, fast lane, switchin’ lanes, and also thirty years older than everyone else. After enraging the bozos at the Parent Television Council with a gay kiss last month, let’s just hope that the guys don’t get too far down on “Friday”.
The folks at “Glee” have already massacred Cee Lo’s “Fuck You,” Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’,” and Gwyneth Paltrow’s respectability, so choosing a song that has no intrinsic musical or sentimental value might be a good choice. And on the day that Simon Doonan of Slate declared “camp” to be dead, “Glee” meeting “Friday” (via Vulture, “props”) is sort of like the Lollapalooza of camp, the 1913 Armory Show of camp, a huge campy orgy of counselors and campers alike in one great big campfire. What I’m saying, things are about to get really, really campy on “Glee.”
Glee’s “Friday” will appear on the show’s prom episode, and also every fifteen-year-old’s YouTube Recently Viewed list for at least three months.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook