Katie Couric is Leaving ‘CBS Evening News’
Katie Couric will no longer be the host of “CBS Evening News”, the Associated Press is reporting. It’s been less than five years since Couric took over the coveted anchor position, a chair formerly occupied by legends Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather.
There is no official departure date for Couric, whose replacement will be a hot topic over the next few weeks. One possible name that would make sense is “60 Minutes” host Scott Pelley, who has been with CBS for 21 years.
Couric’s stint at CBS is one of the shortest for an evening news anchor. She is rumored to looking into a daytime role with CBS, but according to sources, the studio is in no state of panic to keep her on board as an anchor.
Looking back at her brief time as evening anchor, Couric did not provide the ratings bump that her bosses hoped for, and her persona is probably better suited for a daytime or morning gig, instead of the more polished and refined evening slot.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook