Wonder Woman, Meet American Apparel
NBC has released the first photos of the new Wonder Woman, Adrianne Palicki, in costume. On a positive note, I’m pleasantly surprised by how much Palicki looks the part. I was skeptical when the casting choice was first announced, but I think she pulls off the updated version of the superheroine quite well.
Now, let’s talk about those pants. It looks like the designer just gave up on the bottom half of the costume, went to the nearest American Apparel, grabbed some Lycra leggings, shoved them into some boots and called it a day. Granted, I’m happy the high cut leotard of the 1980′s wasn’t brought back to life, but I was hoping for something a little more creative and a little less plastic looking.
A lot of the other superhero reboots have gotten a darker more modern take, how about some edginess for Wonder Woman?
UPDATE: Wonder Woman’s new costume!
More from Lindsey Kempton
More Faster Entertainment
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT