Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Tiger Woods Plays Ball
Tiger Woods made his first appearance on a late-night comedy show last night since his private life imploded in November 2009; amid sex scandals that prompted his wife to attack his SUV with one of his 9 irons outside their Orlando mansion.
The world’s richest sports star appeared on the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show to promote his new video game, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters.
A sheepish looking Tiger was greeted by a beaming Fallon who opened the show by joking, “It’s been a year and a half since you were on our show… what have you been up to?” After a long pause, Tiger responded, “Playin’ bad golf,” which was met by a round of early laughter from the audience.
Fallon, who was giddy with joy during the interview, was full of gratitude for the shamed golfer – who’s very public divorce and sex scandal has unwittingly fueled endless comedy routines and monologues. Fallon said, “The jokes kind of wrote themselves, I mean balls, shaft, holes, foursomes, I mean thank you, thank you, thank you.” He continued, “I want to thank you for having the courage to come on a late night comedy program.”
Woods, who is usually distant and a notoriously difficult interviewee, was a good sport and laughed off Fallon’s sarcastic questions and double entendres. Amy Poehler, who was also a guest on the show and jokingly suggested that Woods wear one of his green Master’s jackets for St. Patrick’s Day, joined Woods as he played Fallon on the Wii at his new video game.
Woods has been keeping a low public profile since his “personal failings” and divorce from wife, Erin Nordegren, 6 months ago [The pair have two sons together].
Woods has been spending his new single life, off the golf course, at his $44.5 million bachelor pad – bought in 2007 before his divorce. The ultimate bachelors-pad consists of: an oxygen tank, four pools, elevator, private golf course and a “6,400-square-foot gym-media room-bar with a glass-covered walkway.”
MORE FASTER ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook