Giddy Gwynnie Returns to Season 3 of Glee
Should she stay or should she go now?
I’m a big advocate of performers showcasing their talents–especially if they have something valuable, interesting, or special to show us. We all love to see actors attempt to be singers, and some of them are quite good. (Kevin Spacey, Hugh Jackman, and Catherine Zeta-Jones come to mind)
Some critics disagree saying performers should keep to one side of the road, but I don’t think I’m alone in saying it’s nice to see them step out of their traditional roles; hey, “if you got it, flaunt it!” (The Producers….that reference do anything for anyone?) I digress. But the same goes that if you DON’T got it, leave it alone because we will all mock you mercilessly and hope that you will learn your lesson and stick to your strengths, whatever they may be. I’ll cut to the chase: Gwyneth Paltrow. She has a successful acting career, a hunky- singer-husband and beautiful, oddly named children–PLUS, she just scored a $900,000 record deal with Atlantic and is in talks of making music magic with BFF Jay-Z. Don’t you kind of want her to spread the wealth? Not a bad life.
Her recent yen to prove her singing chops, though, has not done a whole lot for me. She doesn’t have a bad voice, but she’s no insert-any-good-singer-here. She’s done the blockbuster musical movie, been featured on the hottest high school TV show since Saved By The Bell, and sang, however horribly, at the Academy Awards. And, who could forget that movie she did with Huey Lewis and the the duet that came out a single?
……..it’s OK. We all forgot. Sure it takes chutzpah to get out there and sing, but you tell me—are you happy with her return to Glee? Apparently she and creator Ryan Murphy are also very buddy-buddy and he calls her to get her opinions on episodes she’s not even in. So, we get it; she’s got a good eye for what works–her whole family has been in the business for decades. It’s not like her role on Glee has been earth-shattering, but it hasn’t been awful, either. Honestly, I say take her or leave her, just give us more John Stamos.
More Faster Entertainment
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 8 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu