Diane Lane Set to Play Martha Kent in New ‘Superman: Man of Steel’ Movie
Oscar-nominee Diane Lane has been confirmed by Warner Bros. and Legendary pictures to join the cast of Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel. Lane is slated to play the role of Martha Kent, Clark Kent’s “Ma.” The Unfaithful actress will star alongside the only other verified cast member as of yet, Henry Cavill, who will suit up as the Man of Steel.
Although nothing is set in stone, rumor has it* that Kevin Costner will hop on board Snyder’s speeding bullet as Jonathan Kent, Clark’s adoptive “Pa.” As casting for the film continues to lag, Oscar-nominee Viggo Mortensen is considering the role of General Zod, previously portrayed by Terence Stamp in Superman I and II.
As big names continue to climb aboard, lets hope this does not become another miserable attempt at revitalizing a comic book franchise. The production crew includes Christopher Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight), Lloyd Phillips (Inglorious Bastards), Thomas Tull (Inception, The Dark Knight), Charles Roven (The Dark Knight), Emma Thomas (Inception, The Dark Knight), and Deborah Snyder (Watchmen, 300). The screenplay is currently in the hands of David S. Goyer, who you may recognize as the man responsible for Batman Begins, Jumper, and Blade I and II.
What are we to expect from director Zack Snyder? Will his take on the Man of Tomorrow be stylistically akin to that of his previous 300 and Watchmen? Are we in for a kick-ass new Superman franchise that will provide us with Oscar-worthy entertainment the same way Christopher Nolan brought Batman back from the dead? I certainly hope so. I don’t think anyone can handle another disaster after the 2006 Superman Returns.
The shooting for the Man of Steel is still up in the air along with the rest of the cast, however, the movie is set to hit theaters in December of 2012. Lets hope Superman is in time to save us from the extinction of all mankind on the 21st of the month.
Okay, obviously I’m just kidding. That is ridiculous; Superman would NEVER waste his time believing that ancient, bullshit, Myan school of thought.
*Kevin Costner starred in Rob Reiner’s 2005 rom-com Rumor Has It…
Read More Faster Entertainment News:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT