JK Rowling’s Life Story Set For The Big Screen
JK Rowling, the grand mistress of master storytellers, is to be the subject of a new movie about her extraordinary rags to riches life, provisionally titled “Strange Magic.”
The author of the worldwide best-selling Harry Potter fantasy series famously went from being a single mother on state benefits in a run-down flat in Edinburgh, Scotland, to a multi-millionaire worth more than $800 million at the last estimate.
Australian actress Poppy Montgomery, currently know for her role as FBI agent Samantha Spade in “Without a Trace,” has signed up for the part which is to be filmed in Canada, according to reports on movie buff websites.
Rowling, now one of the wealthiest women in the world, had fled an unhappy marriage and was living in Edinburgh with her young daughter when she decided to write a book about a boy wizard called Harry Potter who attends the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft.
Rowling has described how the actual idea of Harry and muggles (non wizards) and his battle with Lord Voldemort came into her head in 1990 on a train journey between Manchester and London and emerged as Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, which was rejected by several publishers before finally being accepted. It appeared in June 1997 and within two years was flying high at the top of the New York Times best-sellers list. The rest, and the six Harry Potter books that followed, is history.
The Harry Potter books have been attacked by some religious groups and banned in some countries because of accusations that the novels promote witchcraft and the occult. However, another viewpoint is that the books demonstrate Christian values, including the power of self-sacrifice and the way people can develop intellectually and spiritually.
Whatever the truth behind the Harry Potter stories, the books have sold more than 400 million copies around the world and been translated into 67 languages.
This TV film chronicling the life story of the famed author is to use Canada as a substitute for the natural beauty of Scotland. Rowling is notorious for keeping her private life exactly that, so Potter fans will be eager to see this biopic.
MORE FASTER ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook