Lady Gaga, You’re Doing It Wrong
Lady Gaga’s entrance and performance at tonight’s 53rd Grammy Awards were completely Lady Gaga, and, at the same time, completely fake. She “walked” the red carpet contained inside an egg-like vessel, and her supermodel mouthpiece said Gaga was incubating, and would be born on stage later that night. Gaga’s artistic director, who was also on the red carpet, asked if the egg vessel was dilating. Everything was so rehearsed it was painful!
It’s that rehearsed feeling that makes Gaga seem unoriginal. The fact that she has an artistic director that she needs to bring with her on the red carpet says it all. Her absurdity is only for absurdity’s sake – she doesn’t truly live it. Sure, it’s fantastical and theatrical, but it lacks soul and commitment. She’s trying to walk in the footsteps of artists who changed the musical landscape, like Madonna and David Bowie. But they created personas and really believed them, particularly Bowie. He lost himself in his creations almost to the point of dying. That’s artistic commitment!
Gaga, on the other hand, is a catchy creation of the studio system. There’s nothing wrong with liking her or her music (I have an album on my iPod), but it’s important to put her stunts in perspective and historical context. If she really wants to leave a lasting mark on music and history, she needs to get rid of the rehearsed quality and really live it. Also, her latest single “Born This Way” sounds a lot like Madonna’s “Express Yourself”.
Lady Gaga, you’re doing it wrong.
More Faster Entertainment
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel