Tagged in London: Is Damian Hirst the Art World’s Goldman Sachs?
YBA star Damian Hirst’s retrospective at the Tate has come within the cross-hairs of the British branch of the Occupy Wall Street movement. One of his works, Hymn, a large-scale reproduction of an anatomical dummy installed in front of the museum, was tagged with “Occupy.” Does Hirst’s personal fortune, estimated to be well north of $300 million, really make him “the Goldman Sachs of the art world,” as The Occupied Times, Of London asserts?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 7 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 8 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 9 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage