Tagged in London: Is Damian Hirst the Art World’s Goldman Sachs?
YBA star Damian Hirst’s retrospective at the Tate has come within the cross-hairs of the British branch of the Occupy Wall Street movement. One of his works, Hymn, a large-scale reproduction of an anatomical dummy installed in front of the museum, was tagged with “Occupy.” Does Hirst’s personal fortune, estimated to be well north of $300 million, really make him “the Goldman Sachs of the art world,” as The Occupied Times, Of London asserts?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook