All Hail the McQueen
The “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibition, currently on view at the Met, saw more than 5,100 visitors on its opening day last week, a crush so large the museum was forced to suspend guided tours.
A record opening for the Costume Institute, the number even rivals the Met’s all time record, set by the 5,400 people who attended the opening day of “Vincent van Gogh: The Drawings” in 2005.
All hail McQueen. All hail the decorative arts.
Click here for New York Magazine’s guided video tour with exhibition curator Andrew Bolton.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook