Cloudy Skies and the World’s Highest Restaurant: Two Snaps
First the numbers: 122 stories high, 1,385 feet or 442 meters in the sky. That’s where you’ll find At.mosphere, the world’s highest restaurant, grill and lounge.
Sprawling over 3,300 square feet in Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, which also happens to be the world’s tallest building, the restaurant sits two floors beneath the observation platform.
Designed by Adam Tihany, design attributes include a two-story cantilevered staircase in the atrium, hand-polished wood panels on walls and ceiling (reflecting city views and lights below), shades of amethyst, cocoa cream and/or white, and lots of luxe materials.
It’s as if the economic crisis and the last two and a half years didn’t happen. Except they did.
Photo credit for both pics: Eric Laignel
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook