Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes in “Fame” High School?
New York City has some fine public schools. Unfortunately, they’re often overcrowded, in high demand and underfunded. When word got out that Madonna’s daughter Lourdes is auditioning for a spot in the highly selective LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts (of Fame fame), I was surprised. Not because a rich kid is trying out for a spot in an NYC public school, but because in none of bits on this I read did anybody mention how completely lame it is. Maybe Lourdes saw Fame and was smitten by the drama of kids struggling from obscurity into showbiz limelight. Maybe Madonna wants to be all populist and have her daughter experience life with “real” people. Whatever the reason, the price for their celeb slumming is that some talented kid who can’t afford trainers, tutors and coaches (much less chauffeured trips to auditions) isn’t going to get that slot Lourdes fills. Let’s hope Madonna can donate large to LaGuardia and make up for displacing a kid in need. Better yet, how about she bankrolls a few need-based scholarships at private schools?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook