Arrested Development-esque Medical Procedure Surprisingly Effective in Real Life
GOB: My middle and index fingers are—
Dr. Stein: Switched! For the first time ever!
Arrested Development episode 2.15, “Sword of Destiny”
[The procedure] would allow his ankle muscles and ligaments to do the job of his knee. Basically: his ankle would serve as a backwards knee. So his foot would be at the end of his thigh, and he could place it into a prosthetic and have more control over it.
The surgery was a complete success, and Dugan is currently playing on his school baseball team — his goal when he elected for this rare operation in the first place. This video of him and his family shows a young boy who, despite this incredible setback, is living a full, active, cancer-free life.
I don’t know about you, but I’d be willing to bet that whoever did this surgery is one of the best doctors in the state.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook