“Sister-wives,” Episode 6, Season 2: Polygaristmas!
Anyway, their investigation is still going on. According to everyone crammed on that tiny, awkward, uncomfortable couch, the potential consequences of their polygamy investigation is the mandatory division of their family. According to me, maybe that’s a consequence of living in Utah. Not necessarily because Utah has a ton of polygamists (and if they do, they aren’t on a television show) but because I’m thinking the crime rate in Utah is pretty low. From the state that just expelled a star basketballer for premarital sex, me thinks the Utah police are just really excited to have something to do.
Anyway, Christmastime! Snow and trees and presents! The four wives head over to The Christmas Tree Lot ™, run by Lord Matt, known all over Utah for his charm and wit. From the snow capped mountains to the lows of the vallies, sisterwives everywhere speak of Lord Matt’s charms. The Ladies, despite Kody’s incessant allure, weren’t impervious to his flashy ways. They all ooohed and awwwwed at Lord Matt’s Christmas tree mating dance, and all giggled when he presented
mistletoe. Good thing these women are used to sharing, because all of them wanted some stoner Christmas tree farm owner. And don’t think that was lost on him, either.
Frighteningly enough, the next shot we see is one of Meri on the roof. Don’t jump, Meri! It’s not worth it! We need you here to look at blank walls and sigh heavily about things that don’t actually concern yo- oh wait. She’s hanging Christmas lights? That’s… nice. Good for you, Meri. Good for you. Maybe the transitive property of twinkles means you might get the spark back into your eye. We’re cheering for you, girl. You hang those lights!
Anyway, the Browns take six hours to pack everything they own into every car they have. Kody is stressed and acting out, putting his wives in their places with burns like “I really don’t like you right now.” Stuff that really stings.
They finally get to the cabin, and unload the entire contents of their house. Their quaint, pastoral cabin is transformed into a nightmarish vision from Hoarders. Side note: I don’t quite see how this trip is supposed to be relaxing. Like, their rental cabin is brimming with needless shit, and they’re all stuck, all twenty one of them, in this small cabin in the woods. No phone, no internet. Just Kody’s Komedy. And it’s -7 degrees outside. And they just spent a whole day packing everything they own for the span of a four day prison sentence in the Utah mountains.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Surgeon General Pleads For Americans to Chew Their Food 3 or 4 Times At the Very Least