NERD PARTY GAME: Movies and Albums That Do Not Sync At All
If you’re like me, you go to a lot of nerdy parties and find yourself with nothing to talk about in a room full of people that also have nothing to talk about.
The other day, fellow Business Flannelman Dan and I were discussing the phenomenon of syncing movies and albums–most famously, The Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon–and the way that groups of people devote themselves to finding the next great movie-album sync.
And it got us thinking: What movies and albums would absolutely, under no circumstances, ever go well together? When you mute Wizard of Oz and turn on Dark Side at just the right moment, yes, it soundtracks the film fairly well; but what movie-LP pairs are just terrible ideas that we should never even consider trying to sync up?
Here are our best combinations so far. We’ll be replying with more in the comments section as we think of them, and we encourage you to join.
About Schmidt & Dookie
Run Lola Run & Ambient Music for Airports
Do the Right Thing & No Jacket Required
The Fifth Element & Yanni: Live at the Acropolis
American History X & Boys and Girls in America
Speed Racer & Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
March of the Penguins & Night Ripper
The 25th Hour & I Get Wet
In the Bedroom & Veni Vidi Vicious
Kick-Ass & Sea Change
There Will Be Blood & Os Mutantes
Billy Elliott & No Sleep Til Hammersmith
Sophie’s Choice & Spice World
Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom & Brian Wilson’s Smile
Get it? Let’s see what you’ve got in the comments section. We’ll be playing along, too.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel