America’s Next Top Mallard: Aflac Seeks a New Voice for Its Duck
Many, including myself, hoped that the AFLAC duck would go the way of the Geico cavemen and the Dell dude after Gottfried’s dismissal; starting tonight, however, the search for the new voice of the Aflac duck is officially on.
Visitors to QuackAflac.com are asked up front in bold font: “Are you the next voice of the Aflac Duck?” Personally, I don’t believe I am, though those with a dream and a flexible set of pipes are invited to submit 30 second video or audio reels of themselves saying the word “Aflac” with different intonations (sample prompts: “informative, frustrated, happy, surprised, angry”).
There are also in person casting calls in six major U.S. cities (though none, surprisingly, in Oregon, home of the Ducks).
Of note, the page offers a link to donate to the Japanese relief effort, and one of the “Responsibilities” in the job description is “Embody the spirit of caring and ethics that Aflac is known for, both in and out of the recording studio.” Think they are referring to any past spokesduck in particular, there?
Not that I want unemployment to stay low, but I sincerely hope that they do not find anyone for this job.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook