Occupy Wall Street Anthem
Sing to the tune of “America the Beautiful.”
Oh poverty for most of us
The ninety-nine percent –
We do without good dental care
Instead we pay our rent!
God sheds his tears on thee!
The rich go buy more real estate –
it’s like Monopoly.
The CEOs in our fair land
Make 343 times more cash
than average workers like myself
I’d like to kick their a$$!
They drive around in limousines
while I squat in the dirt.
I’ve come to occupy Wall Street –
I hope I don’t get hurt.
Kardashians buy mansions
while my house gets foreclosed. . .
The banks that gambled get bailed out
My IRA gets hosed!
Derivatives and margin calls,
mortgage-backed securities –
They mystify the average guy
and bring us to our knees.
The gluttony of all our rich
is known across the sea.
Unsatisfied with efforts green
They want more oil and tea!
They don’t believe in climate change
For them it is ill-timed.
They strip the oil from the sand
to chemically refine.
I took my graduate degree
In global literature
And went to work at WalMart
It’s all I’m qualified for!
Arby’s, Hooters, Burger King
are all we can afford!
I went to Occupy Wall Street
’cause I was so pissed off.
While I was lying in my tent
I actually got pissed on!
The land of wealth for few!
It doesn’t matter how you try –
Just watch your debt accrue.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook