Pacquiao-Marquez III Undercard: Who is Breidis Prescott?
English boxer Amir Khan (26-1) has an almost perfect record. He’ll surely continue to be hailed as one of boxing biggest names. Since his stint with Freddie Roach as trainer Khan has gone from new talent to pugilist machine. He’s nearly undefeated – nearly, thanks to Colombian Breidis Prescott (24-3). In the first round of a fight Khan was sure to win, Prescott dropped him with a hook.
Since then Khan has fought brawler Marcos Maidana and not been taken down like that. Either Khan had a bad day with Prescott or Prescott is a heavy hitter. This Saturday fight fans will find out when Prescott is to duke it out with Mike Alvarado (30-0).
Although Prescott is coming off a loss technically from Paul McClusky (23-1), anyone who saw the fight would know it was horrible decision, a classic example of hometown advantage. It might also be worth noting that Prescott got a knockdown (not a clean one, but a knockdown nonetheless) on the Irish boxer in the first round (again).
Alvarado meanwhile is 30-0, but unlike Prescott, who’s taking money fights in the UK wherever he can get them, is willing to take a chance and has hand some tough fights. A quick glance at Alvarado’s list of opponents will have fight fans running to boxrec, where they quickly find nearly two dozen consistent losers.
Given Prescott’s top physical condition, cagey orthodox style, and – more than that – his heavy left hook, he’ll surely be the name on everyone’s lips – if he can knock out Alvarado.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 6 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup