Hopkins Hype In The Wrong Place
What is it with boxing? It seems like no matter what it is always getting a bum rap. Take the exciting fight between veteran Bernard Hopkins and Jean Pascal – certain to make top ten fight lists this year. Knockdowns, upsets, Hopkins doing push-ups at the start of the 7th – and, finally, a fair decision. This victory for the ailing boxing world – suffering lately from a few over-hyped duds and, as usual, poor marketing – was hardly recognized.
Let’s take a look first at what’s good about Hopkins outside of technique. Unlike so many other boxers in the biz, Hopkins (1) doesn’t dogdge tough fights – for example Chad Dawson (30-1) – and (2) is committed to giving fans exciting fights.
However more attention has been paid to B-Hop
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook