Pacquiao’s Five Best Brawls
Showtime has thrown in everything but the adobo to make Pacquiao-Mosley enticing: Dr. Dre, Eminem, Rick Ross, a Kelly Pavlik comeback. But hip-hop world aside, boxing promoter Bob Arum decided to recruit a big name, rather than make a big fight.
Still, the Pac-Man is somehow always entertaining, from his pearly smile, right down to his flying left hook. Whether Mosley can weather the Pacquiao flurry of punches, if he can muster up any of the old “Sugar Shane”, is up in the air.
I thought it’d be a good time to remember Pacquiao’s best fights, before we watch what is likely to be a mediocre one.
5) Pac v. David Diaz
David Diaz, former lightweight champ, brought his wily Chi-town street skills up against the man from Manila’s haggard left. The result: a bloody, bruised and dazed Diaz. In the post-fight interview Diaz says something like, He’s fucking fast.
4) Pac v. Marco Antonio Barrera I
Back before Manny became the unstoppable machine he is today, he was still an unstoppable machine, with the occasional bad day. Here he both fighters get knocked down once, but Manny gets the upper hand, before Barrera’s corner calls it.
3) Pac. v. Juan Manuel Marquez I
Regardless of whether Marquez deserves a third fight against Pac, this fight is fantastic, and in the end, both fighters look like they’ve had their faces tenderized. They are both flash- fast, accurate and quick to make use of any opening they see; amazing thing is, they just keep finding them.
2) Pac v. Erik Morales II
Man, you’ve got to give it to Morales. This guy has got a chin made of titanium. This younger, faster Morales gets the upper hand early on in the fight, but Pac starts to pick up momentum until, as this clip shows, he starts getting into a rhythm.
1) Pac. v. Marquez II
Here, in contrast to their earlier fight, Manny seems to be the stronger puncher in this fight. Even the some dozen punishing power punches that hit Pac right on the chin, doesn’t seem to faze him.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT