Anderson Silva Hard-Pressed For Career In Boxing
After watching MMA fighter Anderson Silva‘s barefoot kick KO last Saturday, one wonders why the Brazilian the middleweight champ would even consider a career in the sweet science, even more so after you find out he had a 1-1 boxing record.
Before Da Silva even came to Chute Boxe in 2000- notably the training camp for female sensation Cyborg, among others – he was boxing. However not much has been said about his boxing background.
As for his record, some have complained that perhaps this wasn’t the same Anderson Silva, or not the Anderson da Silva on boxrec. First off, da Silva has been anglicized into Silva. Secondly, not only is Silva’s age correct, it’s also in the southern Brazilian state of Parnaná where he is from.
What may have happened – as it did to a friend of mine at a fight in Brazil- is that they say it’s a amistoso - in other words a non-title, non-record match, done only for show – but then report the fight to boxrec.
Regardless, losing once is not a big deal, more of a poor management decision for a first fight than anything else. Even if he did lose it doesn
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook