Zab Judah Stops No Name
Mayweather, Cotto, Baldomir, Spinks, Ward, Clottey; you name him, Zab Judah has fought him. Unfortunately, he lost against all of those boxer. The most memorable of his losses was against Mayweather Jr. when a series of low blows sent both corner men into the ring. Then police came, and then the fines.
That was two years ago. Since then Judah has fought, well, no names, trying to fix his record. So how did the “Super” Judah look this week, after two consecutive wins. Not bad. On ESPN he said he was leaving the bad boy image behind, not that you can really keep that up after so many losses.
Judah’s opponent, Jose Armando Santa Cruz (28-4-0) looked great coming into the ring, but then he started boxing, and it was downhill from there. Judah worked circles around the Mexican contender, landing big blows, and as he began to loosen up and take more chances – looking alot like old school Judah. Then he popped Santa Cruz with a left uppercut that sent him to the ropes, where he took more Judah damage, until the referee stopped it. It would have been a big win, had Santa Cruz not looked like a robot kangaroo.
Judah will have a much harder time on November 6th, when he takes on Argentine contender Lucas Matthysse, who has twenty-five KOs and not one loss. Will this be another Vivian Harris type affair, and send Judah to early retirement? Will Judah give Matthysse a taste of BK and make him go the full twelve rounds?
The fight will take place in New Jersey’s Prudential Center where seats are running from $53 to $253. If not, you can watch it on HBO. Either way, in a month we’ll know whether Zab is back or has just had a couple of good bouts against no names.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook