Let The Tea Party Rule – Then Pick Up The Pieces Later
The Tea Party Is Fueled By Defiance – So Let Them Run Things … And Fail
For all the Tea Party anger – and success – all they brought the United States last night with the Republican victories was gridlock. Now there is only room for playing on the margins. So maybe Obama can be like Clinton and play the margins enough to get reelected. Maybe the Republicans play the margins enough to get a Republican elected in 2012, though I doubt it, and with a good chance for a Democratic Senate.
This is the story of American politics in my lifetime, a complete lack of any real direction or progress, save for war. I suppose I am grateful for health care reform, but I see that getting gutted before it does anyone any good.
And bashing Obama does the left no good. It only weakens him, and he clearly is who he is. I can’t regret his election – even if Hillary Clinton would have been the better choice – because he was the bold choice. It isn’t working. Fine.
Maybe, to use a football analogy, the left needs to let the other team score, so it can get the ball back with enough time on the clock.
Yes, we need to embrace the Tea Party. Just give in. Vote with them every time. Maybe give them a whole state to run – like Kentucky. You could offer free housing to anyone who wanted to move out of Kentucky. Replace them with Tea Party-types from around the country. It would be fun, a big experiment in the Blue Grass State.
Or maybe we need to throw in the whole federal government. The Democrats would keep their seats in Congress. Just vote with the Tea Party for two years. After 50 years of Joe McCarthy, John Birch, Ronald Reagan, Contract with America, George W. Bush, Tea Party wackiness – always kept somewhat in check – let it run rampant.
Let it discredit itself.
Yes, the consequences would be painful and massive across the world. Yes, the economy would likely collapse. You don’t have to sell me on that.
But we need to rid the body politic of this virus, of this negative, hating, racist, hypocritical virus. It is fueled by the anger of opposition. So give it nothing to oppose. Let Ayn Rand run the show for a while. Maybe in the chaos that follows, the sold-out corporate versions of the Republican and Democratic establishments would also perish.
So Rand Paul for president. Get out of the UN. Back to the gold standard. Cut all federal benefits except for hypocritical well-off middle-aged white people who are taking back America.
Theirs is a dying world. Maybe this is a way to keep them from dragging us all down inch by inch, decade by decade.
Let ‘em score.
Then get the ball back and take our shots downfield.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook