The Japanese Teach Us How To Use The Bathroom
Not only have the Japanese brought us the most technologically advanced toilet the world has ever seen (see: Where is My Japanese Toilet), they are also at the forefront of what I like to call “Toilet Education.” Westerners tend to the puritanical when it comes to discussing bodily functions, the Japanese on the other hand seem to be more open in this area, especially when it comes to toilet training their kids. While parents here in the US are busy thinking of pet names for their children’s feces so as to avoid teaching them a bad word, the Japanese have developed the realm of Potty-Training-Entertaining. Enter Pants Pankuro, best known of the toilet training shows to come out of Japan. It aired on Japanese public television from 2004 – 2008.
Here we see Pants meeting his good friend Mr. Toilet
Heres a fun song about poo.
And here is the famous Shimajiro, a popular education program in Japan. Shimajiro has also become an internet sensation.
America, take a tip from the land of the Super Toilet and let our kids learn from toilets that talk!
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 6 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup