Target and Best Buy recently announced they’ll be matching online competitors’ prices this holiday season in their latest bid to draw back customers from leading online retailers.
Contrary to what some are predicting, brick and mortars may not be completely doomed. They’re on a mission to...read more
Photo Credits: Dead Zone
When I was in elementary school, computers had their own room. By the time Facebook emerged in high school, it was banned. School before college had always seemed anti-social network, anti-tech, projector-obsessed, and hopelessly behind the times.
Well, that’s all about to change.
A recent survey of 883 parents and...read more
Photo Credit: Tech Spot
More than ever, consumers rely on the power of a review. Even in store, using smartphones while shopping is a growing trend– reviews, price checks, and information about products are just an app (or search) away. Most consumers are...read more
Photo Credit: Postcard Junky WordPress
According to the U.S. Conference of Mayor’s 2008 report, “12 of the 25 [US] cities surveyed reported an increase in homelessness due to foreclosures…” And it’s not slowing down. A 2012 report by the National Alliance to End Homelessness found that “foreclosure activity continued to increase with...read more
So maybe you weren’t born on a different planet with super powers, like that alien Superman (superhero purists, we get it). Maybe you’re more like Batman and you want to become a self-made hero with amazing powers. Choose your dream power below, and download the app that will make it happen....read more
94 Percent Of Us Are Afraid Of Being Stalked By Advertisers…The Other 6 Percent Probably Don’t Know The Tradeoff For “Free” Is Getting Costly
Advertisements are delving deeper into the users’ personal information, attempting to target consumers with ads that are “relevant” to them, based on their online activity. It’s called “Interest Based Advertising,” and it obviously helps advertisers “monetize…[websites] more efficiently.” But is the “better...read more
Photo Credit: Metropolis
Remember the first time when teenage-you could finally drive your car without mom in the passenger’s seat, offering her wisdom and advice on driving (read: blood curdling screams)? Well, those days aren’t over. It’s only a matter of time before your car automatically switches off “that garbage” you’ve been...read more
So you just bought 50 Shades of Grey, and you’re not into it.
“Wait a minute,” you think. “Why shouldn’t I be able to sell this to someone that might actually want to read it—for a bit less than I paid?
Publishers have a...read more
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook