How the Online Advertising Business Has Evolved
The folks at Turntable aren’t calling it 2.0, but it sure feels like a massive upgrade to me so that’s what I call it when I talk about the new UI and big rooms concept that Turntable quietly launched yesterday without much fanfare.
Why We Left Before Hurricane Sandy Arrived
I ended yesterday’s post with this:
Hurricane Sandy looks to be coming through NYC at that time and I don’t know what that may cause me and my family to be doing at that time. We live right on the Hudson, at the border of Zone...read more
A year ago, the iPad accounted for 81% of tablets in circulation. That has fallen to 52%, with Android-based tablets grabbing a 48% share of the market. Amazon’s Kindle Fire accounts...read more
Why a Facebook Phone or Amazon Phone will likely be built on Android, and what it means for developers
Android is fragmented and geting more so. This is a challenge for those that develop on it for sure and has been often cited as a big negative for the Android ecosystem. But...read more
Of course early investors are going to sell-off some Facebook shares. That’s how venture capitalism works.
There is a lot of sturm und drang out there in the worlds of social media, finacial media, and just plain media about all the lockups coming off and all the insider selling...read more
I’ve written a fair bit about how we are using technologies like Bluetooth and Airplay in our homes and cars to connect our tablets and phones to our cars and home entertainment systems.
I’ve thought Airplay was the winning model because Apple is pushing it hard and integrating it into their product...read more
Are Obama’s Attacks About Romney’s Departure Date From Bain Unfair?
Mitt Romney is taking some flack for continuing to have ongoing involvement in Bain Capital well after he supposedly left the firm for good in 1999. I am not supporting Romney for President as I can’t get comfortable with...read more
My friend and occasional AVC community member Steve Kane calls himself a member of the Far Center Party. As I watch the two parties and their defacto nominees gear up for another presidential election, I find myself wanting to tune out the whole thing.
I am socially liberal. I was thrilled when...read more
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage