Advice From Gary Shteyngart
Help! I’m dating a Russian guy, and he wants to wear a bear suit when we’re in bed. I thought he was joking, but then he came home one night wearing a giant bear head and looking like a mascot from some football team. He said all Russian men are bears at heart. Is that true, Gary? I thought it was weird, but I was gonna do it until he said that he also wanted me to call him Commissar Beardick Jones. What do I do?
Let me start with the question: Does he beat you after drinking or does he beat you before drinking? If he doesn’t beat you at all, then you’ve found a truly exceptional Russian man and you should stick with him, bear suit or no. As for the bear suit, it is a sign of low self-esteem. If you let his commissar range all over your body while screaming “Brest-Litovsk! Brest-Litovsk” you will slowly unlock the gentle non-ursine part of your Russian man and your future together will be as sweet and tangy as cabbage pie.
Photo by Carl Chapman
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage