Man Found Nude in Cemetery, Photographing Spirits
A security camera set up to catch vandals instead recorded photos of a man hanging out fully naked in a cemetery in south Mississippi. The man was eventually identified as 47-year-old Robert Hurst, who told police that he “didn’t mean anything crazy” by his nude appearance in the graveyard, but rather was there simply to take pictures of ghosts.
Skin, he helpfully explained, provides the best canvas for capturing images of “spirit orbs”. He had intended to only remove his shirt, but his enthusiasm for his hobby proved so great that he ended up taking off all of his clothes, a decision which he now describes as “stupid”. He is out on a $500 bond and faces charges of misdemeanor indecent exposure. He claims he will never enter a cemetery again, “even clothed”.
There is no word on how many ghosts he snapped on the night in question.
The type of photography Mr. Hurst was practicing is known as orb photography, so-called because the “spirits” manifest as ghostly orbs in the photographs, unseen at the time of taking. Most examples of orb photography are chalked up to the camera flash bouncing off of dust motes or mist in low-light conditions. The website ghoststudy.com notes that for best results, orb photography should be done with a 35mm camera. It says nothing about taking naked pictures of yourself in a cemetery at night.
So if you’re ever in south Mississippi and looking to party in strange, mind-bending ways, get in touch with Robert Hurst.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook